The ergonomic evolution of Ritchey handlebars continues with the ground-breaking WCS Beacon. The most notable feature is its super-wide 36° drop flare. Aside from the unmatched ergonomic comfort and stability afforded by this wide flare, it also allows for plenty of space for handlebar packs.
When riding in the drops, the Beacon doubles down on comfort with a very shallow 80mm drop and a shorter than usual reach. The Evo-style top section offers broad support for your hands, and it has a gentle backward sweep for a more natural hand position when riding the tops.
The unconventional aesthetic of the WCS Beacon belies its comfort and practicality. Taking inspiration from the randonneur world, the Beacon allows an easy transition of the hands around the bar without upsetting bike handling when loaded with gear. The gentle change of hand position allows the body to stretch and move while keeping the bike stable.
Ideal for adventure touring and bikepacking, on asphalt or gravel trails – or even for urban riding – the unique WCS Beacon brings a whole new level of comfort and control.
- Material: triple-butted 7050 alloy
- Bend style: bio-bend
- Top style: ergonomic
- Width: 400, 420, 440, 460mm
- Drop: 80mm
- Reach: 65mm
- Drop flare: 36°
- Flare out: 6°
- Backsweep: 4.5°
- Clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Accessory mount diameter: 31.8mm
- Compatible with Shimano EW-RS910 junction box
- Clip-on compatibility: yes
- Other features: drilled at bar end for Shimano Di2 EW-RS910 junction box routing, C260 compatible
- Weight: 270g (420mm)
- Color: Blatte
- Article code30355427129
- MaterialTriple butted 7075 alloy
- Type of bikeGravel Bike
- Net weight (g)283
- Handlebar diameter (mm)31.8
- Handlebar road size outer-outer (cm)44
- Back sweep (°)4.5
- Handlebar road reach (mm)65
- Handlebar road drop (mm)80